Booking a PA System
How to Order a Sound System for Your Event
If you have already received a written quotation and are happy with it, please email or call us to place your order.
If you wish to place an order but have not yet asked for or received a written quotation, please contact us at your earliest opportunity, and we will be happy to assist you. In planning any event there are usually details that are more easily resolved through discussion, so please give us a call if you would like your order to progress as quickly as possible.
For less urgent orders (we can take bookings a year or more in advance), you can use our Quotation Request Form (please note that server errors occasionally frustrate this process), or send us an email. If you prefer to request a quotation by email, we will need to know:
- Who you are (or who will be hiring from us if it is not you);
- Your (or the hirer's) full postal address and daytime phone number;
- What system or equipment you would like to hire;
- When you would like to collect it, or have it delivered;
- When you will return it, or would like it to be collected;
- The full delivery/collection address (if delivery or collection is required);
- Any other relevant information*.
What we provide is usually a specific combination of hired equipment and services to be supplied for a specific duration at a specific time and place, subject to a number of general terms and conditions. When you receive a written quotation, it will therefore set out:
- To whom any agreement applies;
- What we will be providing;
- When, where, and for how long it will be provided;
- How much you will pay;
- The extent and limits of our liability to you;
- The extent and limits of your liability to us.
Example written quotation
A written quotation will itself generally be subject to two conditions:
- Availability. We operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and confirmed orders will always take precedence over requests for quotations. This may mean that between our sending you a quotation and your getting back to us someone else may have booked the equipment, and it is no longer available.
- Acceptance. Other circumstances may change between our sending you a quotation and your getting back to us with an order. While quotations are provided in good faith and will be honoured wherever possible, we are not obliged to accept any order. All contracts are subject to our express acceptance of your order, which constitutes an offer to purchase goods or services according to the terms of our quotation.
When we receive your order, we will provide you with written confirmation (usually by email) that we have reserved equipment for you. Do not assume your order has been accepted unless you have received written confirmation from us.
We usually require full payment before equipment or crew leave here, but do not usually require any payment at the time of placing an order unless we receive it at short notice (less than a week or so before the event).
*Relevant information is anything that would affect delivery, installation, use or collection of our equipment. As well as letting us know as much as you can about your event (we can't otherwise be sure what we supply will do what you want and be ready by the time you need it) you need to tell us if:
- vehicle access and loading or unloading is difficult, limited, or impossible within a short distance (less than 10 metres) of the venue entrance;
- equipment cannot be wheeled over a hard, even and level surface from vehicle to set-up position;
- delivery, set-up or collection times are limited (you should allow at least an hour for us to get in and set up, and at least an hour for us to dismantle and get out. If in doubt, ASK);
- there is any risk to us or our equipment we would not reasonably expect if you did not warn us;
- you intend to use our equipment for a special and/or unusual purpose;
- we need to provide additional documents (e.g. a risk assessment, or copies of our insurance or equipment test certificates), either with the quotation or at the venue;
- there are any other circumstances that might affect our ability to provide the products or services you wish to order.
[Top of Page]