Dry Hire Terms
Terms and Conditions of Equipment Hire
These terms apply to Dry Hire of equipment (i.e. hire of equipment for installation and operation by the hirer). For terms that apply to hire of systems or equipment that include installation and/or operation by Astralsound personnel, please refer to the Small Print page in our PA Hire section.
- Ownership. All hired equipment remains the property of Astralsound. A hirer may not sell, lease, lend, sub-hire or dispose of the equipment.
- Condition of Equipment. Where equipment is used without our supervision, we check the condition and operation of all items before they leave us. On accepting delivery you agree that an item is in good condition and fully operational.
- Hire Periods. All equipment must be returned or made available for collection at or before the time agreed. For each day or part day it remains outstanding a hirer may otherwise be charged the greater of the daily hire rate for each outstanding item, or the sum of direct and consequential losses attributable to its late return. Equipment must be returned by the date and time agreed. A charge of the full published daily hire rate will be made on every item for every day or part day that return is overdue.
- Use of Equipment. It is a hirer's responsibility to ensure hired equipment is suitable for the purpose. All equipment is used at the hirer's risk. We do not accept liability for any costs or claims arising from a hirer's use of our equipment. On taking delivery of an item, a hirer accepts responsibility for its functional and electrical safety, and for ensuring it is used correctly, safely and legally. Anyone appointed to operate or supervise equipment must be competent to do so (and must have received appropriate training where required by circumstance or law). Equipment may only be used within manufacturer guidelines (manuals are available on request). All equipment should only be used in a clean, dry, well-ventilated place, using only safe (i.e. earthed and breaker-protected) regulated 230V AC power sources. Any misuse of hired equipment by a hirer or hirer's appointee entitles Astralsound to its immediate recovery without notice or penalty.
- Equipment Failure. All equipment we supply is electrically safe, fully operational, and in good condition. All our equipment is also of professional standard and well-maintained. Modern equipment is very reliable. Catastrophic equipment failure is therefore unusual and unlikely (and in our own equipment, unprecedented). However, we cannot accept liability for any direct or consequential losses arising from equipment failure. In the event of an apparent fault, no repair should be attempted without prior reference to and the express consent of Astralsound.
- Lost or Damaged Equipment. A hirer is liable to us for the whole cost of any loss of or damage to equipment (including damage to cases or containers), however this is caused. Where an item cannot be repaired or replaced before we need to use it again, the charge for loss or damage will include the cost of hiring a temporary replacement. A hirer will be charged (at the rate of £30.00 + VAT per hour or part hour) for cleaning equipment that is returned in a damp or dirty condition.
- Exclusivity and Variation. Other terms and conditions may apply to any agreement you have with us (whether or not they form part of any written statement), and the above terms do not apply exclusively. Any variation must be specifically agreed by Astralsound in writing. These terms take priority over any agreement where no other written statement exists.