Terms and Conditions of Sale
These terms do not exclude or take priority over any separate agreement or your statutory rights.
- Advertised Goods. Advertising goods for sale is an "invitation to treat" (i.e. it invites an offer), and we are not obliged to accept any offer. Goods may be withdrawn from sale at Astralsound's sole discretion at any time prior to our acceptance of an offer.
- Prices. Advertised prices are published as a guide only, and may be revised prior to our acceptance of any offer. Unless otherwise stated, all prices are ex-works (i.e. they do not include delivery). Where VAT or other taxes are payable the taxable amount, tax payable1 and tax-inclusive price will be shown.
- Description of Goods. We are obliged to describe goods fairly and accurately, and will do so to the best of our ability. However, all used goods are available for inspection, and unless there is a separate specific written agreement are sold "as seen".
It is a customer's responsibility to ensure goods are suitable for their intended purpose. New and used goods can be considered suitable for use in accordance with manufacturer instructions and guidelines. We accept no liability for their suitability in any other application, or in any application of which we had not been advised before sale.
- Payment and Despatch. Goods cannot be collected (and will not be despatched) until full cleared payment has been received. Goods will be available for collection or despatched within one working day of your payment clearing. Where, exceptionally, goods are collected by or delivered to a purchaser while any part of the payment is still outstanding, ownership of the goods does not pass to the purchaser until the balance has been paid.
- Returns. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 will generally apply if you have purchased goods without meeting anyone from Astralsound in person. These regulations allow "cancellation" of an order. Where a purchase is subject to the regulations, unused goods may be returned for a full refund subject to the following:
- Cancellation is not available for goods that have been made to order or personalised;
- You must advise Astralsound of your wish to cancel within seven working days, commencing on the day after you took delivery of the goods;
- Goods are to be returned at your own expense;
- Goods must be returned complete (including all parts and documents) in their original undamaged packaging, and if returned by carrier must be adequately protected in transit;
- Delivery charges will not be refunded where only part of an order is returned.
Goods may be returned whether or not the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply where:
- They were damaged or faulty when you took delivery or unpacked them, and you have notified us of this within two working days of delivery or collection2;
- They are not what you ordered, and you have notified us of this within two working days of delivery or collection.
- Warranty. All new goods come with the manufacturer's warranty. Where a fault develops soon after purchase we may at our discretion offer a refund, replacement, or repair. Faults developing more than 28 days from purchase but within the manufacturer's warranty period will generally qualify for repair only.
Warranties (and, if faulty, available remedies) for second-hand and ex-display or stock-clearance items vary, but we guarantee all such items to be free from defects3 for a minimum period of 28 days from purchase.
- On smaller than 800 × 600 displays (e.g. most hand-held devices) only the taxable amount and tax inclusive price are shown.
- Many modern electrical and electronic products have complex controls and functions. Please read instructions carefully and check that goods are actually faulty before returning them. You may be liable for additional charges if you return as faulty goods that are fully functional.
- ‘Defects’ here refers only to defects that were not known when the item was purchased. Some second-hand goods may be sold with marks, other superficial damage, or minor defects. These will be clearly brought to a customer's attention before purchase, and recorded on the invoice.
[Top of Page]